This year’s Gathering Golf Classic netted $11,500 for our Community Meal Programs. Thank you to our sponsors, golfers, raffle donors and event volunteers!
GOLD: Komatsu Mining Corp.; Michael & Ginny McBride; Twin Disc, Inc.
SILVER: Law Office of Eugene E. Detert; Mel & David Johnson
BRONZE: John & Sherry Wenum
HOLE SPONSORSHIPS: Jim & Laura Holtz (1); Ruby Isle Tire & Auto (2); Virginia Schrag (1); Joe & Joanne Graf (1); Harry & Ellie Moseley (2); Weber & Rick, S.C.(1); Teresa Trostmiller (1); Maggie Broeren (1)
HOLE IN ONE SPONSOR: Boucher Hyundai of Waukesha
To view photos of the event, click through the photo gallery below!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The 2018 Gathering Golf Classic will be Monday, June 18 at the Evergreen Golf Course in Elkhorn, WI. Starting time is 11:30am. The cost is $125 per golfer which includes lunch, 18 holes, golf cart, dinner and two drink tickets.
All proceeds benefit the Gathering meal programs.
You can help by putting together a foursome, sponsoring the event or donating an item for the event raffle.
REGISTER TODAY: https://secure.qgiv.com/for/2gcr
Contact the Gathering for questions at (414) 272-4122 or email at email@example.com.
Numbers served at the State Street location since our move in late March: March 26 – October 31, 2017
• Breakfast 30,611
• Saturday Lunch 5,358
• TOTAL 35,969
• Larger dining hall space; easier to move around
• Parking on site
• No stairs; wonderful for those in wheel chairs who have difficulty walking
• No stairs; wonderful for deliveries
• Stable Saturday Cooks and Coordinators; slowly getting to know where things are and how things work in a new environment
• Stable onsite Breakfast staff (Nicole and Pat) and stable management staff (Angela) with good communication skills, passion for their work, and willingness to work out issues with our host
• Due to the larger footprint (inside and outside) we found it necessary to double our Breakfast security from one guard to two
• Again, due to the larger dining hall, we quickly found we needed more volunteers than at the St. James location; summer was extremely challenging
• We have one quarter of the storage space we had at St. James for dry and cold storage
• Because we share the kitchen and dining hall space with our landlords - St. Ben’s Community Meal - requiring the moving of small appliances and supplies in and out of dining hall and kitchen on a daily basis
• Little to no privacy is available for our collaborative services
One additional blessing was the financial success of our Capital Campaign. It has given us the ability to add the additional security guard and to purchase items that relieve the stress on storage space. Thanks to all of you who gave to the Capital Campaign, and to those of you who have volunteered at the new location. We remain grateful for your compassion, dedication and joy.
THE GATHERING ON STATE STREET
Capuchin Community Services - St. Ben’s Meal, 924 W. State Street
The move is complete. The Gathering at St. James is now The Gathering on State Street. Coakley Brothers packed and moved equipment, food, pots & pans, carts, prep tables and more on Friday and Saturday, March 24/25. It took a semi and two delivery trucks. Gathering staff, board members and volunteers spent Saturday afternoon cleaning, organizing and stocking the new site.
Our first Breakfast on State Street was Monday morning, March 27, with 178 guests. We were greeted with bouquets of flowers from our friends and new landlords at Capuchin Community Services, St. Ben’s Community Meal – Br. Rob, Dean, Mike and Mark.
The move was celebrated on Tuesday with a fire brigade style passing of the remaining pots, pans and food items from St. James to St. Ben’s with the help of 100 Brookfield Central Key Club members and 50 other volunteers.
It has been a stressful AND GLORIOUS process, this move. Our Capital Campaign goal to raise $50,000 formoving, equipment and renovation expenses was met by April 1. Donations of money were matched by donations of supplies, time, expertise, creativity and skill.
The space at The Gathering on State Street is much bigger than that at St. James, so we could use more volunteers each morning than we have in the past. If you and a friend or two would like to join us some morning, please know that we welcome walk ins. Be at the State Street location, 924 W. State, at 7:00 a.m. and be able to stay until 10:00. If you have 4 or more volunteers, please call The Gathering office (414-272-4122) to get on the schedule.
We are blessed! People in community feeding the hungry came together,
and I am confident will continue to do so.
THANK YOU ALL!